I would like to have a test in Wayland that would notice all changes to wayland-scanner output.
- create an input.xml file, e.g. copying wayland.xml and/or copying parts of all Weston's protocol specs.
- process that input file in various ways with wayland-scanner, and save the resulting files
- write a set of tests that run the same wayland-scanner invocations with the same input, and comparer the output to the saved files; fail if not identical.
- prevents accidental changes to wayland-scanner output
- patches to wayland-scanner are required to fix also the reference files, which shows reviewers how the output changes